Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dining room face lift!

When we moved into our house 4 years ago, every wall had been freshly painted.....white! It was the most sterile house I had ever seen, but it was also exciting because I didn't have to live with the last owner's taste, I could make it my own. I stated by painting the dining room wall green and the bathroom a light tan. Slowly I have painted each room until finally, there are no more white walls left in this house!! I love color and the color I painted the dining room and down the hall is a bit darker than I probably would have chosen on my own, but I love it!! I also splurged a bit and bought some new decorations. I love decorating but usually I don't feel I can spend the money on something so useless (they sure don't keep a bum clean like a diaper does!:-) but I had some Christmas money that I hadn't used so I didn't feel too bad. And I LOVE IT! It makes my room so much happier! This is the wall right over the table.

This is the wall opposite the table.

And finally the little cubby that I think was meant for a phone. Funny thing is there is no electrical outlet even close to it, but there is a phone jack. Not quite sure how that worked!



I also painted and decorated down the hall but I will spare you! It was so fun but it feels great to be done. I think I have been in a spring cleaning mode lately. Yesterday I cleaned under the microwave and organized my junk drawer for the first time in my life. Who organizes a junk drawer?? They are supposed to be messy! Maybe I am just thinking that if I clean, spring may actually come sometime in the near future. I think I am probably delusional!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your walls and decorations, you are so much more creative than I. Are you so young to remember the phones that didn't need a plug in, proud to say we still own one, but when your house was made no one had ever heard of a cordless phone, much less a cell phone.
Love, Your Sis

Kay Schrock said...

I love the willowtree statues! I also am in a painting/decorating/cleaning mood! I painted My son's bedroom, and plan to do a post, once I get some decor up.
Show some more rooms/colors sometime! I enjoy the inspiration! :)