Yeah, my husband is one tough
mudder! Back in probably January or February Sean came home from church and told me he and a bunch of other guys were going to run the "Tough
Mudder" in June. I had never heard of such a thing before, and I have to admit when he told me about it I thought he was crazy! This is a 8-9 mile race (sorry, not totally sure exactly how far it was) with a bunch of hard obstacles
dispersed throughout that distance. Things like Berlin walls, wading through freezing water, mud obstacles, and my favorite, electric shock! But he was so excited about doing it so I shook my head and said "OK." What else is a wife to do when her husband tells her he is going to do something crazy and is excited about it?? He trained for months and ran farther than he ever has before to get ready. He even grew his hair out for the big event........

and then cut a
fohawk. Not a
Mohawk mind you. No, this is so much cooler than that! Look at all that hair she cut off to turn him into an awesome fohawked man!

And the somewhat scary looking and
intimidating man when it was all done! It amazed me how much a little haircut and beard trim can change his looks.

Then the big day finally arrived. There were 10 men on their team and they all headed down to Denver the night before the race where they ate some
carbs and hung out together. 1/2 of the team stayed with Ben and
Wiesje and the other 1/2 stayed with some other friends down there. In the morning they spray painted their hair and beards in
preparation for the race. Sean's new look, what do you think?!

The 1/2 that stayed at Ben and
Weisje's house.

The whole team all signed in and ready to run. You had to wear a number and they also drew a number on your forehead.

The starting line. There were about 13,000 people who ran the race. Look at all that dust!

Running with the team.

Almost done!! Tom (my brother) and Sean are the two in the front. They ran a lot of miles together in preparation for this race.

The victorious team with their orange headbands!! I am so proud of my man, for all the hard work he put into getting ready for this race and most of all not dying during it! I think they all had fun and I am pretty sure they will do it again next year.

Meanwhile, in order to not put all that training to waste, both Tom and Sean will be participating in a similar race at the end of August called the "Warrior Run." It is much shorter and there are less obstacles, but it should be fun. I have decided not to miss out on all the fun and join them! I am out of shape and old so training is not as easy as I had hoped it would be, but hopefully I will be in at least passable shape by them. Should be fun! Maybe we will have to make it a family tradition!
No comments:
Post a Comment