Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Weston's Dedication

On Sunday, March 29th we dedicated Weston John to the Lord at Laramie Valley Chapel, our home church. For those of you who don't know what a dedication is, it is not a baptism and it in no way guarantees that he will go to heaven. Each person must make their own decision at some point in their life whether or not they will accept Christ as their savior. What we did was simply committed publicly to raise our child in a Christian home and to teach him about Jesus and his sacrifice for each of us. We were blessed with 17 other family members who also made that commitment as well as the commitment of a wonderful church family to help us.

Weston and his great-grandma Barbara who made the trip over from Guernsey to see the dedication.
My mom and dad, John and Kathy Watson, Sean's mom and dad, Bob and Lil Ennist, my grandparents, John and Phyllis Thalken, my grandma, Barbara, and my brother and sister-in-law, Tom and Jo Watson (along with Sarah) stood up at the front with us. Also my Aunt Jean and all her kids came as well which was an extra special blessing to us!

Praying for Weston and his new little life. I cannot tell you how many prayers I have said on his behalf even before he was born!

Our little family. I think Tyler looks especially excited in this picture! God has given me a wonderful family, both extended and immediate and I am so glad that Weston will be raised under the influence of these godly people. Thank you all for your prayers and sharing in this special day with us!

2 comments:

Andy and Megan said...

YEAH!! Sorry we missed it! Hope you are all doing great!

oncearunner said...

I love the picture where Tyler's praying with the family. Miss you guys!