Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Renaissance Wedding

I have never been to a Renaissance wedding before, but all that changed this weekend! My youngest cousin on my mom's side got married up on Casper Mountain Saturday in a Renaissance ceremony. It was an outside wedding and the reception was at the Hogadon ski area lodge. It was a beautiful day and a beautiful ceremony. Here is my Uncle Johnny and his wife, Twyla in their costumes. Looking good!

And here is the cake my Muzzy and I made. She says it is her last one. We will see!! She loves doing them and she has passed that love on to me. But what I love more is getting to work with her and talk to her. I can only hope that when I am her age, I will have half her courage and wisdom. This cake is one of my favorites that we have done. I love the flowers and butterflies.
The ring bears in costume. From left to right, Carson, Bridger, and Brogan. Their swords were made of wood, but some of the others had real ones. A little boy's dream wedding (if in fact little boys dream about such things:-)

And this is not a very good picture, but this is the bride and groom at the ceremony. A beautiful couple!



1 comment:

The Bryans said...

That cake is gorgeous!