Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Wichita!!!

I know, I know, not everyone is so excited about Wichita, Kansas! But that just happens to be the place that my sister and her family lives, AND she was due to have a baby on Aug 15th! So Tyler, Weston, and I accompanied by my mom affectionately known as Mookey, headed off to Wichita on Aug 11th. Usually it takes around 11 hours to get there, but with a 4 year old and a 7 month old, it took us at least an hour and a half longer than that. But we did make it, and even more importantly, we made it before the baby was born!

The first thing on the agenda was a trip to the zoo. Tyler loves to go to the zoo, so we had to make sure we got there. As you can tell, Weston was impressed!

And here are the two monkeys.
Tyler and Katie hanging out in the jungle at the gorilla pavilion.

And now Weston catches the zoo excitement as well!

Then came lots of play time. Cousins are pretty fun to play with if you ask Tyler.

And Adam was pretty impressed with Weston as well.

We spent a lot of time outside riding the various toys that live in Angie and Nate's garage.
Weston was king of the little green beetle.


And he had his first bite of pancake in Wichita as well. I think it was the beginning of a life long love!
Then on Aug 16th, along came Lane Riley Bennett. Angie left the house at 8:45 pm that night and they were all home by 6 am the next morning! All the kids fell instantly in love with Lane. And so did the adults. He is such a good baby with the softest dark hair you can ever imagine. Here are the three Bennett boys. Can you see any family resemblance??


Tyler with baby Lane.

Sweet baby Lane!


My mom unfortunately had to fly home on Sunday just before Lane was born, so that left me with the boys all alone for the trip home. It was a long day of driving, but really not as bad as I expected. The boys did great and it was so good to be home with my husband! But we sure do miss those Bennetts. We look forward to the next time we can all get together!

3 comments:

Travis & Alisa said...

Congrats! That is exciting! I can't believe you made the drive home by yourself...you are brave! I can't believe you and your sister only have boys! Who is going to have a little girl first? ;)

The Ennists said...

Actually her oldest is a girl! She has 4 now and she is done, so if any more girls are to be born, it is up to me!! Also, I have a brother who has a girl and they are pregnant again but don't know what they are having yet.

The Bryans said...

Looks fun! Maybe you can tell Tyler next time you don't catch fish, that that's why it's called 'fishing', not 'catching'.