Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Denver Children's Museum

Last Tuesday night we headed down to Denver so Sean could attend an AORN conference there. Thanks to one of the anesthesiologists, we were able to stay in a condo free of charge that night. When we walked in the door, we found a glass entertainment center filled with blown glass. There was everything from glass flowers and bowls to glass candy! Needless to say, the condo was pretty quickly rearranged with all the glass up high:-) So on Weds, we had to get out to the condo while Sean was gone. So me, being the brave and fearless mama that I am, braved the Denver traffic to the Children's Museum. I am soooo glad I did as the kids had a blast there! I wasn't sure Weston would have much fun, but I needn't have worried. He ran all over and played and played. Which was a good thing since after we were done, we almost immediately left for Wichita, an 11 hour car trip! The tired boys slept a good deal of the way there.

Tyler the possum (anyway that is what I think this costume was supposed to be).

The boys in the big stick thing with acorns and other random stuffed toys. Try as I might, I could not get them both to look at me at the same time, in fact Weston never looked at me at all, so I settled for a good pic of Tyler.
Weston crawling down the giant ant hole. It was a whole tunnel thing and I was a little nervous letting Weston go down there by himself. Thankfully, Tyler was always able to find him and I didn't have to crawl through the maze!

Weston the vet. He loved this room and carried his clip board all over.

Tyler the vet. He is a much better poser than his little brother.

Tyler the fireman. This was the one display that Weston did not like at all! He cried and cried even when I carried him up on the fire truck. He was content to just watch from the sidelines as Tyler explored.

Weston planting a garden in the young child area. We spent the most time here as it was geared to children 0-4 years.

There will be more to come soon on our trip to Wichita. Until then.......................

1 comment:

The Bryans said...

What a fun place! I want to go there and play in giant ant holes, and with giant acorns! :) Such cute boys you have.