Thursday, June 17, 2010
On to Wichita
After we spent the weekend at my parent's house, my mom, the kids, and I headed to Wichita to visit my sister and her family. I love being there to visit, but the whole drive to get there and home is another thing! However, since my mom was with me, it really wasn't that bad; that and the wonderful little invention called portable DVD players! We made it there on Tuesday night. Let the fun begin!! It is HOT in Kansas. And it is humid. Up to that point, it had been neither of those things in Laramie. In fact, the Tuesday before we left, it snowed. So our poor little Wyoming bodies were in a little shock, but thankfully all of us survived! If you ask the kids, it was thanks to the Popsicles! Pictured here are 7 of the 9 children we had for part of the week. One of Angie's good friends was on a mission trip to Africa, so we watched her three kids. They are all great kids, but 9 kids is a lot to keep track of! Thankfully they all got along (at least most of the time!)
My baby belly at 26 weeks. This picture was taken right before I fell down the stairs! That was a fun experience:-)
Our main entertainment while we were there was baseball games. Katie is part of a coach pitch softball team and Colter plays tee ball. We went to 2 of Katie's games, including one at 3pm on a day that the temperatures reached 101, and 2 of Colter's games. Here's Katie at bat.
We decided to go fishing in the pond behind Angie and Nate's house. Colter, Weston, and Adam were intently watching.
Tyler the fisherman!
I don't know whose idea it was to give the pole to this one! He caught a lot of tall grass and after he was done, his pole was retired for the day with a hopelessly tangled line:-)
The beautiful sunset that night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So fun, I don't know about this Wyoming weather. You are lucky to find it in Kansas. Your boys are so cute! And your tiny belly is smaller than mine at 15 weeks. At 12-13 weeks strangers were already asking me if I was having a boy or girl. It was a little embarrassing admitting I wasn't even far enough along to know.
It makes me miss Laramie when I read your blog.
Post a Comment