Monday, July 5, 2010

Tyler is 5!!

Tyler turned 5 on July 2nd. I cannot believe that he is that old already, but he is pretty happy about it! He wanted to go camping and rock climbing for his birthday so Sean got the day off and we all headed out to Vedawoo. The plan was for Weston and I to spend the day out there and then go home to bed while Tyler and Sean stayed the night. I must admit that while I enjoy being outdoors and hiking and climbing, I am not a huge fan on sleeping in a tent, especially when I am 30 weeks pregnant! Here is the mighty 5 year old showing off his muscles!

All my boys minus Asher before the hike. It will be another 10 weeks or so before he can join in on the "man" picture!
Tyler is quite the little rock climber. He used to be a bit scared of climbing, but not anymore! He had a blast and pointed out several times that he would be the leader and we could follow him since it was his birthday! And he was a pretty good leader too!

The boys on a log. I made them sit there for this picture and they humored me though they got down immediately after I was done:-)

Our family. If only that goofball would get his hands away from his mouth this would be an excellent picture!

Weston is quite the little climber as well. He is fearless and determined though he did have to be carried up the big rocks. 18 month old legs can only take so much!

When we got back, Weston took a little rest in the camp chair and ate some fishes

while Tyler found a rope and used it as a whip.

The Weston and I left and Sean and Tyler had hot dogs and smores. After that they headed out for another hiking adventure during which they found a dead hawk without a head (I heard all about it when they got home!) Then they retired for the night in the tent. The next morning they took the rubber raft out on the reservoir.

Then they had to head home to get ready for the birthday party! Tyler really wanted an "Ironman" party, but when we went to get the cake pan, we couldn't find an ironman, so he had to settle for transformers. Here is the Optimist Prime cake I made him.

Tyler has been asking for tattoos for a long time now, so I picked up a few and all the kids got some at the party. They were a huge hit and I think they would have all been covered with tattoos if their mothers would have let them! Here is Weston smiling for the camera and showing off his tattoos!

Cody got one of a spider on his neck. He thought he was pretty cool!
Tyler and Sarah showing theirs off.

The "big" kids eating out on the deck. Sarah, Cody, Tyler, and Ethan.

Kirby and Weston at the picnic table.

Singing "Happy Birthday!"

And the long awaited presents!

This is the awesome lightening bolt cape that Ethan's mom, Megan made for Tyler. He LOVES it!
And then the day was done. We were all exhausted but Tyler said it was the best birthday ever and that makes it all worth it!

1 comment:

The Bryans said...

What great pictures! Happy Birthday Tyler! What a great thing he got to go camping with his dad!