This Lane after he had destroyed his 1st Birthday cake. He turned 1 the day after they went home, but if you know my family at all, you know that we don't turn down any opportunity to celebrate! I think Lane liked this cake:-)
Friday, August 20, 2010
Surprise!
OK so it wasn't a complete surprise. I knew they might be coming, but we didn't know for sure that we were going to be blessed with the presence of the Bennetts until the day before they showed up. Even though it was a surprise, we sure were glad to have them!! And these pics are all in the wrong order, but I hope you enjoy them anyway!
This Lane after he had destroyed his 1st Birthday cake. He turned 1 the day after they went home, but if you know my family at all, you know that we don't turn down any opportunity to celebrate! I think Lane liked this cake:-)
Big 1 year old boy!!
We had a picnic down at the lake with Muzzy and Grandpa. When I was a kid, we used to have a picnic there at least once a week if not more. It is something I miss. Weston loved the smores we cooked over the open fire!
Tyler is contemplating life as he stares at the flames.
Adam and Katie in the back of Grandpa's pickup waiting for the hot dogs to get finished. There is nothing like a hot dog cooked over an open fire!
The little boys corralled in the back of Mom and Dad's explorer.
Muzzy and Gramps with Colter.
Grandad and Lane in the river. The kids found tons of shells in the shallow water. It was also nice and warm so a good time was had by all those who were brave enough to go swimming!
If you will remember from my previous posts, this is my favorite horse in the whole world!! I may not get along with her, but she is perfect for the kids to ride. As you can see, it is quite the production! This is Grammy riding with Weston who was not very enthusiastic at all about being on the horse. Katie and Tyler and dragging her along!
Tyler riding all by himself and enjoying it quite a bit!
Rooney riding the tractor. Don't mess with him. Seriously.
Katie decided she needed spurs to ride Ginger. She is right about needing the spurs, but I think she might need a lesson on how to put the spurs on!
Sorry Angie, couldn't resist posting this one:-) We found some old stilts that Angie had when we were kids and she had to prove that she still had it in her to use them!
The first couple of nights were spent at my house in Laramie. One night we had six kids sleeping in Tyler and Weston's room! Colter on the top bunk and Weston on the bottom.
Adam, Tyler, Katie, and Sarah on a queen sized mattress on the floor. I was so proud of them! They all went to sleep and slept all night. Such good kids we have!
This Lane after he had destroyed his 1st Birthday cake. He turned 1 the day after they went home, but if you know my family at all, you know that we don't turn down any opportunity to celebrate! I think Lane liked this cake:-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Ahhh, summer fun :)
So reading the title of your post, I thought Asher had made an early arrival!! Glad it was Angie's family though I bet you are ready for your little one to get here! Miss you guys...
Kristen, I wondered if anyone would think that after I posted this:-) But no, still waiting on that one! Miss you too!
You triggered alot of good memories, Deb. Picnics @ the river were always fun - the water even looked pretty clean! I remember when you girls & my girls were in the stilts stage. It was hilarious to watch Becky & Heidi try to work them. BTW - if your pics end up in the wrong order, just drag them to wherever you want them. I spend most of my time dragging pics around when I do my blogs!
Post a Comment