Thursday, September 18, 2008

Keeping secrets!


A boy in a box. My little superhero. Note the "sword" stuck in the pants.
Such a help in the kitchen.

I am a part of a mother's Bible study. It is a crazy fun time with about 26 kids running around wildly and people trying to hear each other and actually get something out of the conversation. This week we talked about keeping secrets from our kids and how it is probably not a good thing to tell your children to keep something from your spouse. That happened to us this Tuesday and it is a pretty funny story!

We both have Bible study on Tuesday nights, I go to women's and Sean goes to men's. Usually I take Tyler with me, but this week, he went with Sean. I came after mine got over to pick Tyler up and as soon as we got out to the car and I fastened him in his booster he said, "Mommy, Daddy didn't fasten me in when we came to Rich's house. He told me not to tell you but I told you anyway!" I laughed at him and told him it was good not to keep secrets. He thought it was funny and we laughed all the way home. It was like he was just waiting to tell on his daddy! (And daddy got in trouble when he got home!)

Just another note- don't try to tell a story on the phone to your sister, cook zuchinni bread, and discipline a 3 year old all at the same time. The zuchinni bread may suffer.

3 comments:

Travis & Alisa said...

I will have to remember not to keep secrets in the future, it does not seem like they stay secrets very long! ;) Very cute story! I am very proud of you and your blogging...you are doing so much better than I am! :)

Alisa Nielson

Katy said...

Hey Debbie! It's Katy Redmon, I was snooping on your blog, hope you don't mind! Hilarious story about Tyler. He is such a cutie!

The Ennists said...

Hey Katy! I don't mind at all, I look on yours too! How exciting tha tyou are having a boy! Congrats!