Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Busy Summer

So a lot has been going on around here since I last updated. Just to warn you, there are a lot of pictures on here and there will probably be a lot of rambling since I have not planned at all what I am going to write! I guess I will start it off by saying that I have the best husband in the world! I know some of you will disagree, but I am holding firm to my convictions that he is indeed the best! We celebrated our 6th anniversary on July 19th. In some ways I cannot believe it has already been 6 years and in others, it feels like it has been longer. I am so thankful for the man God has given me and for the life he has given us together. I love him more today than any other day and I pray that will always be true!

To celebrate, we sent Tyler off to my mom and dad's house so we could have some relative "alone" time. We had a romantic candle lit dinner (served on a card table), which was only interrupted several times by the baby playing on the floor, to celebrate the night before our actual anniversary. For the actual day, we had a scraping party over at Sam and Jamie Lind's house. Now for those of you who have ever been involved in the refinishing process of a hardwood floor, you know just how fun a scraping party is!!:-) But we did get to spend time together. At least we were in the same house at the same time! After we finished scraping, we got cleaned up and went to a movie while Weston hung out with his Aunt Jo and Uncle Tom.

We also got to enjoy some time with Weston without Tyler. It is so hard to remember what it is like with only one child, but it was fun to get that time, even if just for a little while, with Weston. He and Daddy got to do some gaming together. And Tyler had a wonderful time at his grandparent's house.
Then on Tuesday, Weston and I headed up to the farm. My cousin is getting married on Aug 8, so Muzzy (my grandma) and I had to make her wedding cake. We make the cakes a few weeks early and then freeze them. It makes it easier to get everything done and frozen cakes are easier to work with. And I love spending time with Muzzy.
Tyler loves spending time on the farm. Following are some pictures of his favorite things. Here he is pictured with a big stick. He had just knocked some bark off this tree and looked at me with a big smile and said, "Ha ha! Now that's what I'm talking about!" Such a little boy!

Watermelon is his favorite food. He is in heaven!
And kittens. Muzzy has 3 about 1 month old kittens who lost their mommy and they are adorable. Tyler played and played with them. This is Midnight peeking out through the plants.
Tyler and Velvet, his favorite.

All three snuggled up together on the swing. Tyler took them all over there and then rocked them to sleep. Ahhhhhhhhh....!

And this is Ginger. If you remember my earlier post, this horse and I are not the best of friends. But Tyler loves her. He talked his Mookey (Grammy) into letting him ride her up to Grandpa and Muzzy's house from her house. That is approximately 6.2 miles. She told me that she had to drag her most of the way. She said she was very tired and angry at the horse by the time she got there. I should have listened to her better. But being the wonderful mom that I am, I allowed my son to talk me into taking her back to her home. And let me tell you, 6.2 miles is a LONG WAY to drag a horse! Especially on a hot day. If I would have had a gun I would have shot the horse and gotten home so much faster. But I didn't have one so I just dragged and dragged. Tyler had a great time and I got some good exercise. I really don't like that horse!
Even Weston got a chance to ride her. He hung on for dear life!

And last but not least, harvest started while we were there. The culmination of all the hard work farmers do throughout the year. A time of long days, good food, hot sun, and lots of work. Here the men (Morgan, Dad, and Darrell) are setting up the auger.

And here is Tyler sitting in my dad's combine on the first round of this year's harvest.

Well, I think that is enough for one day. We hope you all are having a great summer!

No comments: