Yesterday, Tyler turned 4. He was so excited and he had been counting down the days until this very special day. Somehow being 4 makes him bigger, stronger, and able to do SO many more things. He picked up his brother today and said, "I am 4 now, I can carry Weston." Hummm, maybe not quite yet! He also says that now he can eat ice cream (before it was too cold for him), open and close his door on the van, and my favorite one, do whatever he wants! Not too sure about that one either! All I have to say is that he better not tell his Dad that one!
We had a great day yesterday. Tyler went to his last day of swimming lessons in the morning, and then he wanted to go to the outside pool. The morning was a little cool and cloudy, but about noon, it cleared up and we headed out. Both boys were super excited!

Tyler put on his life jacket and swam by himself which makes it nice for me since now I have to keep track of a nearly 6 month old baby!

Weston had a blast and loved the water! He splashed himself in the face a lot, but he didn't mind at all. Then I took him out in the deep water and he kicked and splashed some more. I sat him on the edge and he would wiggle until he "jumped" off the side into my arms smiling and laughing as he hit the water! It was so cute and we can't wait to go back!

Then we came home and prepared for the birthday dinner. Tyler got to pick whatever he wanted and we had ham, sweet potatoes, scalloped potatoes, corn on the cob, chips, and Aunt Jo brought over a wonderful angel food cake with berries and whipped cream. I have to say, he did a good job of picking! It was quite the meal.

A present came in the mail from Grandpa and Grandma 2 days before his birthday and he was so excited to open it. We told him he had to wait until his birthday and Daddy had to be home too. Since Daddy leaves before he gets up, he had to wait until he got home in the afternoon. It about killed him to wait that long! He must have told me 5 times that he changed his mind and didn't want to wait for Daddy. But it was worth the wait to open superheroes! Batman, Spiderman, and Spiderman swim trunks. Does it get any better than that!!??
We are having a party on Saturday, so I will post pics of that later. Have a wonderful 4th of July!
No comments:
Post a Comment