Wednesday, April 14, 2010

To A Good Friend

It seems this is the summer of goodbyes for our family. I guess when you live in a college town, you should expect that people will come and go, but it is always hard when it actually happens. This week, Jason and Dawn Goehring are going back home. It is bittersweet as I know this is where God is leading them and they are very excited to go back to be close to their families, however, in the short time we have known them, they have become such wonderful friends. They arrived in Laramie for the first time in November of 2008. Jason has a seasonal job cloud seeding, so they move around a lot. They came to our church and to our young couple's Bible Study. Dawn also came to our women's Bible study. It was easy to see their love for God in all that they said and did and we became friends. Then they had to leave in April 2009. This year, they came back, and we grew even closer to them. God brought them here right when I was starting intensive ultrasound training and right when Jo was due to deliver Ben. So Dawn graciously agreed to come to my house to watch the boys while I went to the pregnancy center. She has spoiled both the boys and I since then! When I was first pregnant and couldn't even stand the though of opening the fridge, she would clean it out for me every week (even though she herself was pregnant!) I looked forward to each day she was here so we could talk. And the boys absolutely adore her. Tyler would ask me every day if it was time for Dawn to come and often he would wait outside for her even if it was really cold. Then when she did come, he would tell me I was late for work so he could have her all to himself. He never wanted her to go home. And though we selfishly would rather have them stay here, we are also looking forward to what God has planned for their lives. They are due to have a baby in August, and we can't wait to see the many blessings that child will bring into their lives. They are going to be great parents, and if you don't believe me, just ask my boys how good they will be!! (If I would let him, Tyler would move with them especially since they are going to a farm:-)

This is beautiful Dawn at her baby shower last night.

We had the privilege of having them over for Thanksgiving this year.

Weston opening the going away present they got him. He loved it since it was a car very similar to one of Tyler's and he wants to do everything Tyler does!

Tyler opening his Spiderman transformer. Does it get any better than that for a 4 1/2 year old boy?
Dawn and Jason, we love you and will miss you very much! Thank you for your shining example of faith and for your gift of friendship. And by the way, you are always welcome to come back:-)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

What an honor to be the subject of your post! I have cherished this winter and getting the chance to know you and the boys better. The boys and I had so much fun when I was over at your house, and I will miss that! Just maybe when we settle down I will have to start one of these blogs so that you can see lots of photos of our little one arriving this summer. Don't worry, you will be hearing from me by email many times with mommy questions as I am a newbie! Thank you for opening your hearts and home to us again this winter making Laramie feel a bit like "home".