I spent the morning finishing up the cake I was making for Cari and Corey's wedding. Sean took the kids to an Easter Eggstravaganza at the First Christian Church. I have to admit that I was pretty jealous that he got to play with the kids while I had to work, but thankfully Jo was there with me, so I survived. Thank you Jo for all of your help, I could not have done it without you! At the Easter party, Tyler got to hold rabbits,
get a crocodile painted on his face, make an egg magnet, and many more fun activities!
Weston enjoyed looking for eggs and putting them in his basket (as you can see, the eggs in the baby room were not very hard to find!)
The cake actually went together much better than I was expecting, so our family got to have a little time together just relaxing in the afternoon before the wedding. Then off to the wedding we went! It was a beautiful wedding and we are so happy for Cari and Corey as they start their new life together! Here is the cake:
And Weston trying to escape off my lap during the ceremony.
You might recall a post from last summer when Tyler asked a girl to dance with him and was turned down. Well this time, his luck was much better! This was the first girl he got to dance with him. Throughout the course of the night there were others as well, but I didn't get pics of them. He had a great time and asked when we could go to another dance. I told him it won't be long as this was the first of 4 weddings we are planning to attend throughout the summer!
Sunday was a wonderful time of celebrating the resurrection of Jesus with family and good friends. We had a ton of tasty food and great conversation. I meant to get some pics, but I was having such a good time, I forgot.
If you have made it this far in this long post, you deserve to hear our other news. We had another ultrasound last week and Sean convinced me that we should find out what we are having. So, it was pretty easy to tell that we will be adding another bouncing baby boy to our family in September! We will be one closer to that basketball team Sean has always dreamed about:-)
6 comments:
I guess Sean didn't dream of a Co-ed basketball team? :)
Sure sounds like a busy couple of days, but your cake turned out absolutely beautiful!
You can tell your little ladies man that Ben's mom has chickens that lay green eggs! And one poor chicken (almost) always has twin eggs...her eggs are huge, with two yolks, and the poor thing clucks so loud when she lays them :)
Oh my goodness, that poor chicken!! I feel so sorry for her! And no, Sean didn't dream of a co-ed team. I however did.......
Congrats on the new baby boy! How exciting!!! Sounds like you had a very busy & fun weekend!
YEAAAAH! Well, one things for sure...you have very handsome boys! Congratulations guys. And Debbie- the cake was beautiful!!
Congratulations on the baby boy news! One thing is for sure, you make the cutest little boys and the next one is sure to be equally as cute. If you do ever have a little girl, you can rest assured that she will be protected by all of her big brothers.
Yay...Another boy! How exciting!! :)
Post a Comment