Weston, Ben, and Sarah all enjoying crackers and watching all the hard workers!
Thursday, June 30, 2011
Branding
We are not real cowboys, but my parents and grandparent do own about 60-65 cow/calf pairs and so we get to get in on branding every year. I love branding. Actually I love anything that has to do with cows and branding holds many fond memories for me. This year we got to go up the day before and help with the cow move which I think the boys enjoyed more than branding. Tyler gets a whip and runs back and forth (along with our golden retriever cow dog) making sure the cows all stay in line. Asher rode in my backpack and had a blast. He loves the outdoors! And Westy rode with his daddy in the prowler and was completely content to stay there. As much as he fearless when it comes to physical activities, he is a little scared when it comes to animals that are 15 times bigger than he is!! Can't say that I blame him:-) On branding day, all the boys stayed well out of the way of the crazy calves. I did get Tyler to come help me push them into the shoot, but it took quite bit of convincing!
Weston, Ben, and Sarah all enjoying crackers and watching all the hard workers!
Tyler and Sarah discussing the finer points of cracker eating.
The crew preparing the vaccinations. We had a wonderful crew and it went smoother this year than I ever remember.
Weston, Ben, and Sarah all enjoying crackers and watching all the hard workers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment