Thursday, June 30, 2011

Ellie

My parent's dog that they have had since Tom was about a freshman in high school died this winter and so they dedided to get a puppy this summer. So, we have been keeping our eyes open looking for a sweet black lab for them. Well, the boys and I went to a garage sale one day and we found this adorable puppy there. She wasn't black, but she was a lab and she seemed to be really sweet, well as sweet as an 8 week old puppy can be. So we took pics and sent them to my parents and they fell in love. My mom was headed to a class in Rawlins for the next 2 weeks, so we agreed to take care of the puppy, who they named Ellie, while she was gone. And thus our puppy adventure began!

She was really a good little puppy, but she was still a puppy! I forgot how picked up you have to keep everything. She didn't chew anything up, but she did like to carry shoes around and I would find them in the strangest places. She also kept us up sometimes at night, but the boys had a blast with her! There is just something about little kids and puppies!


They were a ittle sad to see her go, but they were consoled by the fact that Grammy and Grandad will bring her back and we will see her whenever we go to their house. It was quite the adventure being puppy sitters and trying not to fall in love with a dog you know is not yours. I know she will be a wonderful companion for my parents and I am sure we will be seeing a lot of her in the future!




No comments: