Thursday, June 30, 2011

Easter

I know it is almost July, but I guess I am just a slacker about updating this blog. Better late than never I guess! We had a wonderful Easter this year. It is so much fun to have "bigger" kids who understand the meaning of holidays and look forward to them. I love anticipation. I savor that feeling of excitement and knowing that something fun is coming. The anticipation is almost more fun for me than the actual event, so I love seeing Tyler look forward to things and count down the days. Easter is one of his favorite holidays. He loves dyeing eggs and hunting them. He also loves the story of Jesus' death and resurrection. And Weston loves whatever Tyler loves:-) He was big enough this year to really get into hunting eggs. He would find one and then have a mini celebration every time! I had to keep reminding him to go find more eggs. There were a LOT of egg hunts that went on around here! I finally had to put the eggs away! Here is the crew we had to dye eggs. I love having friends around to do these kind of things with!

Tyler, Cody, Ethan, Levi, Kirby, Weston, and poor little Cali the lone girl!

Our family on Easter morning.


My handsome little men.



Funny story about my oldest. My mom and dad were over the Thursday before Easter so we could go to the Heart to Heart Banquet and they bought the boys these adorable outfits for Easter. Grandad told Tyler that he better watch out when he wore his suit becuase all the girls would chase him. Tyler, being a typical 5 year old just laughed and told Grandad he was silly. Easter Sunday rolls around and Tyler gets all dressed up in his suit with his hair all done and is looking at himself in the bathroom mirror and turns to his daddy and says, "Dad, I think Grandad might be right. I do look pretty good in this suit!" Sean could hardly keep a straight face and when Tyler was out of earshot we both had a good laugh. Thing is, he did look pretty good!


Hunting eggs. It was cold.



I found one mom!





No comments: