Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A New Home

I am pleased to announce that we found a wonderful home for Toby to go to! Thank you Kristen and freecycle! We replied to an add on freecycle of someone looking for a companion for her dog and she e-mailed me to let me know she was interested in Toby. She and her roommate visited yesterday and they fell in love with Toby, and I think he fell in love with them too. Shortly after they came, he fell asleep with his little head resting on her foot. He really is a cute little thing!

We were all a little sad to see him go, but I know that he is at a place where he will be loved and well cared for. He has another dog for a friend and people who will treat him like a kid (which in fact he thinks he is!) Tyler was upset for a little while, but as soon as we started talking about Halloween costumes, he was fine! We did get a good shot of him with Toby before he left though to always remember our little mistake! God is good even through our mistakes. Toby reminded us that things are going to change when the baby comes and our lives won't run like we are so used to anymore. There will be less sleep and more cleanup and lots of interruptions. But there will also be those quiet moments when you get to hold a sleeping baby whom you love with all your heart and those moments make all the disruptions worth it! I am looking forward to meeting this little one that God has given us!

1 comment:

Krismisstree said...

I think you will enjoy your baby much more than a doggy...but that's just me :):)

Glad it all worked out and God guided you through your crazy weekend!!