Monday, October 20, 2008

Toby


This is Toby. He is a mini-pincher/fox terrier mix and he came to live with us last Friday. It has been an interesting weekend for sure since he arrived. We took him from a family who said they couldn't keep him anymore. They both worked and since he doesn't have much hair, he couldn't stay outside all day, so they didn't know what to do with him. I thought I wanted a little dog, but I should have thought a little more about it before we got one!

Unfortunately, he is a un-neutered male and so is Tucker, so he has been marking his territory, all over my house since he came. I do not appreciate that very much and in fact, it makes me a little crazy! It is not like he has to pee, he just wants everyone to know that he is here. Thankfully Tucker didn't follow suit (Tucker is such a good dog! I didn't realize just how good he is until now!) Then, since he is used to sleeping on the bed of his previous owners, he wanted to do the same thing here. The first night we tried it and I didn't sleep, so that option is out. The second night we put him in a kennel and he howled and howled. Not too fun either! The third night we left him out in the rest of the house and closed the door to our room. When we got up in the morning, we found not 1, or 2, but 3 poops in our house! He is not that big of a dog and I am still confused as to how he was able to poop that much. Obviously not a good option! Last night he slept in the kennel again with a stuffed toy and did much better. I think he needed the company!

All that to say this, we have decided we can't keep him. He is a nice dog and I wish it would have worked out differently, but we can't have him marking our house all the time! I feel bad about it, so if any of you knows of someone who wants a cute, cuddly little dog, please let me know! I really want him to go to a nice home. I like him when he is not peeing in my house! I think he would be fine in a house that doesn't have another male dog. And he is good with Tyler. He will be very sad when Toby leaves, but I am really just looking forward to life like it used to be!

2 comments:

The Bryans said...

Oh my! You didn't mention this whole dog-adventure in your email! I agree that a little dog marking his territory all over your house is definately a no-no. Will the owners take the responsibility of finding another owner back, or are you guys now in charge of finding someone else? I think things would be totally different had you gotten a new puppy lap dog though :) - so who knows :)
Tata!

The Ennists said...

Actually, somone is coming over right now to look at him. She seems really excited so I am hoping and praying it works out! I will let you know!