Monday, December 22, 2008

38 and counting!


Today I am 38 weeks and 2 days and ready to have this baby! I went to the doctor this afternoon and I am 3 cm dilated, 80% effaced, and at a -1 station meaning the baby's head is about 1 cm above my pubic bones. So that is a good start! I am hoping that I will be able to travel down to my grandma's house on Dec 27th for her Christmas party, and she has forbidden me to go unless the baby is born, so he needs to come sometime this week. I am getting uncomfortable now and not sleeping all that great, but at the same time I am still enjoying being pregnant. I love to see and feel the baby move around inside of me and when I take the time to think about it, I am still in awe of the miracle of being pregnant. When I was pregnant with Tyler, I took the whole thing for granted, but now I have a different perspective. It is truly a miracle and I will never get over the fact that God chooses us women to be a part of it. I have heard it said that bearing children is our divine privilege, and I couldn't agree more.
We are getting ready for my sister, brother-in-law, and their three little rug rats to join us tomorrow. My mom and dad are also coming and my grandparents will be showing up on Christmas day. We are really looking forward to all the company. Tyler has been sick this past week, and just as he was starting to feel better, his ear started hurting. When I took him to the doctor today, they confirmed that he did in fact have an ear infection and now he has been started on antibiotics, so hopefully he will feel all better by Christmas. We hope that you all have a very Merry Christmas and Lord willing my next post will be full of baby pictures!

4 comments:

Travis & Alisa said...

We can't wait to see pictures of your little one! Have a very Merry Christmas!

The Line of David said...

Debbie,
I love your posts. You always have something really good to say. I'll be praying for a safe delivery and a healthy baby.
Kristen M

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Darlin' you are to cute, and to happy, to even be close enough to give birth. You have at least another week to go. I hope Im wrong because a Christmas baby would be amazing! If you want to be more connected to Mary and the birth of Jesus I can set up a stall in the barn for you and we can invite all the animals to watch! :)

The Ennists said...

While that is tempting, I think this time I will stick to the hospital!