Sunday, January 4, 2009
Officially overdue!
I am now past 40 weeks pregnant. Due dates are a strange thing and I am not sure how I feel about them. You look forward to this one date for 9 months. You focus your whole life on one day, for me January 3rd, 2009 and then it came..........and then it went, and I am still pregnant. What happened?? My baby was supposed to be born, but he wasn't! So I have resigned myself to waiting. These last weeks every day I get up and think, "maybe today will be the day," or "maybe these contractions will actually do something besides making me miserable." But I think that makes it even worse because so far every day I have been disappointed. So I think I will just be thankful for the time I get to share with the 3 of us. I want to spend time contemplating how thankful I am to be pregnant at all, not just preoccupied with when the baby will be born. Now everyone is gone and it will just be me and Tyler again. The pressure is off. Everyone who was going to be disappointed that he didn't come when they were here already is. It is cold outside, so we will spend the next few days in our house spending time together and just waiting and praying for our new baby to come when God is good and ready to give him to us. Because it will happen. One way or another he will come and when he does, we will be ready!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
So will we! :) And I am glad you have your house back. Maybe Shako just wanted to be born in quiet family times :)
We are going to be inside a lot too so if you want to be inside together let me know!!
It is so hard to wait! Isn't it amazing, we can go 9 months and then in the end it is TOO hard to wait! ;) Can't wait to see you new little one!
He will come out even more perfect :)
Btw- did you read your little ticker on the side? "Nine months has passed and you are finally here! Born this week, your baby will be about 7.5 pounds (3460 gm), and about 22 inches (55cm) long." Encouraging huh? :)
Actually, yes, I did read the ticker and yes it is most encouraging:-) I especially like that I am 101% done with this pregnancy! Sometimes it feels like even more than that!
NO MORE WAITING!! Wohoo!
Congrats with little Weston! Can't wait to meet the little man!
(p.s. you are a baby delivering machine! that went fast!)
Congratulations on your little baby Weston. That is wonderful that everything went well. I cannot wait to meet him. Boy did you have him fast!!
Hi Debbie,Sean,Big Brother Tyler & Weston!!! How wonderful. I am so glad you and the baby are fine. May the Lord continue to bless you today & everyday. I am so excited to be a "great" Auntie H for teh 5th time...or is that a "grateful" Auntie H. I can't wait to see pictures. How is Tyler doing? Take care and God Bless you all!!!
Love the name Weston and cant wait to hear about him!
Love the name Weston and cant wait to hear more about him!
Congratulations!!!! I can't wait to see the pictures, but take your time, just enjoy.
Love, Great Nanny
Post a Comment