Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A glimpse into the mind of Tyler

Have you ever wondered what your child was thinking or what was really important to him? Well just give him a camera and you will get a small glimpse. Ever since I got my new camera for Christmas, Tyler has been carrying it around taking pictures. He loves to take the pic and then look at it. I must say, I think I may have a photographer in the making:-) So I put together a small sampling of the things that are most often photographed by my son.


Mommy and Weston. We spend pretty much all day every day together. (Although this picture isn't great of me, it is better than most of them! At least I have all of my head!!) And note the sucker I had to hold for him so he could get that shot.
This is actually a picture of a picture of Tyler when he was a baby. He is fascinated with the fact that he used to be as little as Weston. We talk about when he was a baby all the time.
Lightening McQueen. What more do I need to say??

This is Sydney the snake. I was given this homemade snake in high school by one of my friends and Tyler became attached to him one day when we were visiting my parents house. Ever since Sydney has lived on Tyler's bed and it is just not acceptable to go to sleep without him. He doesn't hug him or carry him around, but he just needs him to lay on his bed at night.

Daddy. Tyler has always loved his daddy, but since Weston's birth their bond has grown. There is no more special relationship than that of a boy and his daddy!

Aunt Jo. Tyler has a special place in his heart for his "Anjo." They have lived in the same town as us almost from the time he was born and we spend a lot of time together. And just a side note, they are closing on a house today that is just 7 houses down from ours!!! We are so excited to have them as neighbors!

And last, but certainly not least is Tucker. Whenever he talks about our family, Tucker is always included.

As I was looking at these pictures, I was thinking just how much they really describe who Tyler is. He loves people (Tucker is included here) and will fiercely protect those to whom he is close. He is a great big brother and it is my hope that he and Weston will always be as close as they are today. He is a little boy and as such, he has a natural fascination for superheros (I got that from the Lightening McQueen pic for those of you who aren't following my thoughts here!) He has told me more than once that he wants to be a superhero when he grows up. And to many of the little kids he is around, he already is. Other kids just naturally look up to him. We have prayed that he will be a leader for his God and he naturally has that leadership in him. I just hope that he learns stand up for good things and lead others in the right direction. And he is also fascinated with nature (here I am thinking of Sydney.) He always wants to go outside and find bugs or play in the dirt. On Sunday we were late for church and I told Tyler to go out and get in the van while I was still getting Weston in his car seat. When I went out, Tyler was throwing snow into the pond in our sidewalk, and yes, we really do have a pond in our sidewalk. When I finally got him into the van and we left I said, "you really have a hard time hurrying, don't you?" His response was, "Little boys just like to play in the snow and the water. It is not that I didn't hurry, I was just doing what little boys do!" And I have another one who will soon be able to do those things that little boys do. I don't think I will ever be on time to anything!
I hope you enjoyed your small glimpse into the mind of Tyler. He is a fascinating kid!

1 comment:

The Bryans said...

What a great post ... ! :)